Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Cherry Cheesecake Cookies

I found this recipe in a Cooks Country magazine and I knew that I would have to try it. I love all things cheesecake and these are fantastic! I forgot to take a picture, but I am making them again in a couple of weeks for a Christmas party and I'll take a picture then and update.

Ingredients:
3-1/2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 8oz packages of cream cheese, softened
20 T. unsalted butter, softened
1-1/2 c. sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1 c. graham cracker crumbs (about 8 whole crackers)
2 20 oz cans cherry pie filling

Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and set aside. In a mixer beat cream cheese, butter and sugar until smooth and creamy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until incorporated. On low speed add the flour mixture and mix just until combined. Refrigerate dough until firm, at least 30 minutes.

Place the graham cracker crumbs in a shallow dish. Roll dough into 1-1/2 inch balls then roll in the crumbs. Place on greased baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Use a spoon to make an indention in the cookie and fill with 2-3 cherries.

Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes.

Yields 4 dozen cookies

1 comment:

  1. Those sound amazing! Will definitely have to try them! Thanks for sharing your great recipes with us!

    ReplyDelete