Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Grandma's Baked Chicken Breasts

This is one of my Grandma Harper's recipes, and I just love it! She made it for us once when I was about 13 and I remember asking what it was called and my uncle David said it was called ambrosia. He was right on target because it is really good, and rather simple to make.Ingredients:
8 chicken breasts, thawed and cut in half
1 jar dried beef
16 slices of bacon
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
1 pint sour cream
dried parsley

Cook the bacon, but don't let it get crispy. Place 2 slices of dried beef (you can find it at the grocery store near the canned sardines and such) under 1/2 a chicken breast and wrap in a slice of bacon. Place in a shallow baking dish. Repeat 15 more times.

Mix sour cream and cream of mushroom soup together and spoon over the chicken. Sprinkle parsley over everything. Cover with foil and back at 250 degrees for 2-1/2 hours.
Serves 16
Points: 6

No comments:

Post a Comment