Friday, September 4, 2009

Prosciutto Chicken Stromboli

I love it when I play around in the kitchen and something great comes out of it! We had a few slices of leftover prosciutto in the fridge and I was trying to come up with something to do with it. I had made a ham and cheese Stromboli a few weeks ago so Tyson suggested that we try a prosciutto Stromboli. So, I gave it a go and I really like how it turned out.
Someday I'll figure how to take better food pictures. Until then, I'm sorry for the poor quality, but I still think that it is helpful to have pictures.Ingredients:
1/2 c. hot water
1/2 T. yeast
1/2 t. sugar
1/2 t. salt
1 T. olive oil
1-1/4 c. flour
6 slices of prosciutto
1 chicken breast, cooked and cubed
1/4 c. Italian dressing
8-10 fresh basil leaves
1 green onion, chopped
1-1/2 c. Mozzarella cheese
1 egg white, slightly beaten
1/4 c. Romano cheese

Dissolve the yeast in water in a medium mixing bowl. Add sugar, salt, olive oil and flour. knead for about five minutes. Roll out into a rectangle on a greased baking dish (I use my pizza stone).

Spread the Italian dressing over the top leaving about 1/2 inch all the way around. Layer the prosciutto, basil leaves, chicken, green onion, and mozzarella cheese. Carefully roll it into a log and pinch seal the side and edges closed.

Baste with the beaten egg white and top with Romano cheese. The Romano cheese adds a great flavor and makes for a nice look when finished baking.Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Allow it to cool for a few minutes before serving.
Yields 8 slices
Serves 4
Points: 5 per slice

1 comment:

  1. This looks wonderful! I am not a big fan of Prosciutto but will give this a shot. Thanks Jenn!

    ReplyDelete