Saturday, August 29, 2009

Chicken Tetrazinni

This is a favorite of mine. I got is from one of my long time college roommates, Rachel Boyce. It has such a fun flavor to it and it is SO easy to make.Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
8 oz. linguine, cooked and drained
1 small jar diced pimentos
1/2 c. mushrooms
4 T. butter- I used Safola margerine
1/4 c. flour
1-1/4 c. chicken broth
1 tsp. salt
1 c. sour cream- I used a fat free sour cream
1/2 c. Parmesan cheese- I will mix half Parmesan and half Romano though

Use the butter, flour, broth and salt to make a white sauce. Remove from heat and add sour cream. Mix the sauce in a bowl with chicken, linguine, pimentos, and mushrooms. Pour into a 9x13 pan and bake covered at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

Remove foil cover and sprinkle cheese over the top and bake for another 5 minutes uncovered. Allow to sit for 8 minutes before serving.
Serves 6
Points: 8

No comments:

Post a Comment