Friday, January 29, 2010

Cherry Coffee Cake

So funny story, I made this for the first time about 2 months after Tyson and I were married and I messed up. I didn't just kind of mess up, I really messed up. I forgot the flour! How do you forget the flour. Anyway, I was SO embarrassed! Tyson just laughed because he thought that it was funny, well I felt like he was just laughing at me and I started crying in the kitchen over my messed up coffee cake. Looking back is seems like such a silly thing to get upset about it. Any way, I have made it several times since and it has turned out wonderfully, just don't forget the flour!Ingredients:
1-1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. butter, softened
1/2 c. shortening
1 tsp. almond extract
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 ts. baking powder
4 eggs
3 c. all-purpose flour
1 can pie cherry filling (21 oz) *Feel free to use any flavor of pie filling that you like
1 c. powdered sugar
1 or 2 T. milk

In a mixing bowl combine the sugar, butter, shortening, almond, vanilla, baking powder and eggs. Beat on a low speed until blended and then on his for 3 minutes. Then mix in flour.

In a greased 9x13 spread 2/ of the batter mixture. Spread pie filling over the top. Drop the remaining batter in spoonfuls over the top. Swirl a little bit with a knife.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes.

Mix together the powdered sugar and milk to make a glaze. When the cake is finished remove from oven and pour the glaze over the top.
Serves 16

No comments:

Post a Comment