Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Chicken and Rice

To start off, I don't like rice. I never really have. I find it bland and don't care much for the texture. That being said, I love this dish! In fact I altered it from my mom's version so that it would make MORE rice! Oh, and did I mention that this is the world EASIEST recipe? I tend to have these ingredients just sitting in my pantry.
Ingredients:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1/4 inch strips
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup, condensed
1 can Cream of Celery Soup, condensed
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup, condensed
1 package Lipton Onion soup mix
3 c. milk
1/2 c. butter, melted
2 c. rice

Combine soups, soup mix, milk, butter and rice. Spread the sliced chicken breasts in the bottom on a 9x13 pan. Pour the soup mixture over the top. Bake in a 275 degree oven for 2-1/2 hours.
Serves 8

No comments:

Post a Comment