Saturday, August 22, 2009

Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza

Yet another pizza favorite in our household. Like I said before we love to play around with new pizza ideas and this came from me just playing around in the kitchen.
Well, to begin let's star with a basic pizza dough recipe. This is an old family favorite and I have no idea where it came from.
Ingredients:
1 c. water, hot
1 T. yeast
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
2 T. olive oil
2-1/2 c. flour

Dissolve yeast in water and let stand for a few minutes. Add remaining ingredients and let the mixer knead for about 5 minutes. This is enough dough for 2 pizzas.

*I have 2 methods, for a thinner, normal crust for my pizza I use a pizza stone. Or, for a deep dish crust I use a 12" cast iron skillet. I melt butter (Safola margarine for less fat) in the bottom before I add the dough.

Bake the dough for approximately 7 minutes. Remove from oven and add toppings and sauce.

For this pizza I use the following:
1/4 c. Ranch dressing
1/2 chicken breast, sliced
3 mushrooms, sliced
1 medium tomato, sliced
2 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
1-1/2 c. Mozzarella cheese, divided

Spread the dressing around the crust and top with 1 cup of the cheese. Spread the remaining pizza toppings and sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top. Back for another 7-10 minutes, or until the cheese bubbles and the crust is golden.
Serves 6
Points: 7

1 comment:

  1. That is the same dough recipe we use also. It is the best we have found after trying a good 8-10 different ones. I will NEVER use another dough recipe for our home made pizzas! I will have to give this a shot too since we love bacon and ranch!

    ReplyDelete