Friday, August 28, 2009

Easy Chicken Enchiladas

I love Mexican food! While this recipe is by no means authentic, it is super easy to throw together in a pinch. I have several other more gourmet enchilada recipes that I'm sure that I will post down the road, but for today we are going with EASY. I forgot to take a picture...sorry.

Ingredients:
10 flour tortillas, soft taco size-I use flour because I don't care for corn tortillas, but you can always use corn.
2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1 can enchilada sauce
1 c. sour cream
1 can diced green chilies
1 can sliced olives
2 c. shredded cheese, separated-You can use any kind, I use a Mexican blend for some added flavor

Mix together the enchilada sauce, diced green chilies, and sour cream. Spread 1 cup of the enchilada sauce mix on the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. Take a flour tortillas and spoon in some sauce, 1/10 of the chicken and a 1/8 cup of cheese. Roll up and place in the baking dish. Repeat with the rest of the tortillas. Pour the remaining sauce over the top and sprinkle the remaining cup of cheese and the olives on top.

Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 5 minutes. Let sit for about 10 minutes before serving.
Yields 10
Points: 7 per enchilada

No comments:

Post a Comment