Friday, October 30, 2009

Embarrassingly Easy Danish

The story behind this creation comes from our honeymoon. Tyson took me on a cruise to the Bahamas for our honeymoon, and, as anyone who has been on a cruise knows, they had the greatest food. Every morning they had these fresh Danishes and they were so good! So, when we got back I decided that I should try to figure them out. Call me crazy, but I think that I like what I came up with even better than what they served on our ship. And yes, I call them embarrassingly easy because, well, they are. They taste great, look great, but with so little effort.Ingredients:
1 package Puff Pastry (It is Pepperidge Farms in the frozen foods section)
1 can pie filling, I prefer raspberry or cherry, but choose whatever you would like
1 c. powdered sugar
1/2 T. butter
1/4 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. almond extract
1-2 T. milk

Allow the puff pastry to thaw for the recommended 40 minutes. Then, on a greased cookie sheet, unfold the dough and cut into 9 squares. (There are 2 sheets per package so feel free to make 9 or 18. You can always save the rest for later)

Fold in the corners and press into the center, as shown.

Make sure to press it down well, if the pastry is dry wet your finger a bit.

Once they are all shaped, place about a teaspoon full of filling in the center.

Bake at 400 degrees for about 10-12 minutes.

While baking mix the powdered sugar, vanilla, almond, butter and milk to create a drizzle. You don't want it to be too runny or too stiff. It should drizzle well from a spoon.

Remove Danishes from the oven and let cool for about 5 minutes. Then drizzle.
Yields 18
Points: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment